Sunday, December 14

A visit with Santa and Christmas cookies

It's been a while since I've posted, but we've been making Christmas memories. It is my favorite time of year, I hope my children remember all of the important things about the season, instead of the crazy busyness that sometimes takes over. We went to see Santa at the mall so Charlie could ask for a few movies and a "real" football (Santa is glad Charlie's requests are under budget!). Molly's only request this year has been a Barbie phone. She has told Santa and everyone else, so she may end up with more than one. Both of them were very excited, and didn't want to get off of his lap! I didn't think Gray was quite big enough to sit in his lap, so hopefully Santa will bring him some surprises! He's been an awfully sweet baby this year!
We couldn't finish up our week without some cooking involved. My kids LOVE to help me in the kitchen. Sometimes too much! We end up with a big mess instead of food, but we always have fun. This week we made Christmas cookies. No, not the pre-made kind either. We made the batter, and rolled the dough. Yes maam! I think I get points for that!


We decorated. . .
The finished product. . .(in case you were wondering, those are gingerbread men, presents, and Christmas trees)
And, don't forget our favorite part... eating them with a cold glass of milk! Yummy!





4 comments:

Mary Margaret said...

You definitely get some points for not having pre-made dough!! My kids will never know about the real kind!

Leigh Ann said...

Pretty cookies!! I'm impressed:)

Sydney said...

Looks like ya'll had a busy week! The cookies look great!

KPPatty said...

Don't you just love this Santa? He is just the nicest thing. The cookies look great!